7 Reasons Why You Need a Coaching Portfolio
If you're a sport coach, why do you need a coaching portfolio?
Here are 7 reasons why you need a coaching portfolio:
• Gives you a reason to follow up after submitting your resume/application.
• Gives primary hiring person more detailed information about you beyond the resume.
• Demonstrates your organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Gives you something to hand out to committee at the interview.
• Helps structure your philosophies/ideas for building a program and developing your staff.
• If you lack experience, provides an opportunity to demonstrate your abilities.
• Prepares you for those “tough” interview questions.
The portfolio should be a direct reflection of you and your philosophies on building a quality athletic program. Even if you are applying for an assistant coaching position, your portfolio should provide a look at how you would build your own program if you were the head coach. Not only is the coaching portfolio a critical tool for the job search process, it is also an invaluable tool for you as a coach--it contains information that you should be using every day with your program, your team, and your coaching staff!
If you would like to learn more about developing a coaching portfolio, you can become a member of The Coaching Portfolio Guide. The Coaching Portfolio Guide is an instructional, membership-based website that helps you develop a personalized portfolio. Each section of the portfolio guide provides detailed instructions on how to organize your portfolio in a professional manner. The guide also provides sample documents for each section of your portfolio that you can copy, modify, and add to your personal portfolio.
Visit the link below to purchase the guide.
Coaching Portfolio Guide - www.coachingportfolio.com